Sunday, December 2, 2012

AND SO IT BEGINS

Ouch. That is the word of the day, the day after the first day of my experiments. Mostly it went smoothly, as expected. Drinking water, reading and the affirmations were all easy to do and not really a bother. I read Snatched by Karin Slaughter, which is a novella (didn't seem that long) about a possible child kidnapping at an airport. It was entertaining enough and just the perfect length to read start to finish before bed.

But the 10,000 steps is another story. I got off to what I thought was a decent start on the steps but by about halfway through my day I was only a quarter of the way through my steps. I knew that would be a problem. Then I soon started to feel a tightness in my calves. Another problem. I spent a large portion of my day trying to do or thinking about doing those terrible, terrible steps. They became my enemy. I even considered somehow attaching my pedometer to the dog so he could share my burden.

Eventually, as the day's end drew close, I buckled down and did some stepping. And by 11:30 p.m. I had actually finished. Yeah!!! But if I thought yesterday was hard, today is going to be a bigger test. I'm off to a very slow start (only 474 steps so far) and my calves are so very, very sore. As soon as I post this, I'm going to try and do one of the Leslie Sansone walking videos. I'm torn. I should do the 3 miles one, but I'm unsure I can do that before my calves figure out how to kill me. I should probably try it anyway. Don't tell my calves.


2 comments:

  1. Your Favorite NeighborDecember 2, 2012 at 1:21 PM

    So...I now know all your deepest darkest secrets! I thought your suggestion of attaching the pedometer to Brett was genius! I am definitely going to check him for unusual devices the next time he comes over for a treat.

    It looks you are off to a good start. Keep up the good work. Hard work = Great results

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought hard work = sore muscles. At least that is my current experience. If you see me lying in the yard, it is because I've fallen and can't get up. Please provide assistance. And chocolate.

      Thanks for the comment and sorry that you will have to endure the burden of knowing all my deepest darkest secrets.

      Delete