Sunday, December 9, 2012

EXPERIMENT UPDATES

Having been working on my first 4 experiments for a week I figure it was time for an update. Although, not much has really happened.

Experiment 1:  Daily Affirmations
I have managed to croak out my affirmation both morning and night without fail. Sadly, no change in my attitude. I am starting to wonder if I chose the wrong affirmation for me. It just doesn't sound like me and isn't really forceful - "I choose to make positive, healthy choices for myself." Maybe I should have gone with something like "I'm going to kick life's butt today!"

Experiment 2: Drinking Water for Complexion
Drinking the water has actually been easy. It helped with the walking even as it made frequent bathroom trips necessary especially in the beginning. Oddly that has tapered off even though I'm still drinking the water. I don't want to give that much thought. No complexion change though.

Experiment 3:  10,000 Steps
This has been a pain - literally. After the first day, I suffered through several days of soreness. Every step made my leg muscles scream at me (although after a bit they would stop until I rested and then tried to move again). I was barely getting to my 10,000 steps despite the fact my day seemed to be all about the steps. They were my obsession.

Sadly, towards the end of the week my right ankle decided it would no longer be participating in this death march. It began to hurt. Even when I tried to do 2 smaller walker days it let me know that any walking was going to be met with resistance. So I've decided to temporarily shelf this experiment. I'll give my ankle a bit off then I'll redesign this experiment so I don't just jump from 1,000 steps a day to 10,000. That way my ankle will never figure what is going on. It's not that bright as far as ankles go.

Experiment 4:  Reading
The only experiment I have enjoyed. Don't know why I wasn't doing this before. Probably because I was too lazy to even figure out which books to read. I'll give more details in a later Reading post.


No comments:

Post a Comment